Butter is a delectable dairy creation resulting from the separation of butterfat from liquid through the process of agitating cream or milk.As a result, a solid, yellowish substance with a smooth, creamy texture is formed. Butter is a delicious and versatile ingredient used in various dishes and cuisines as both a cooking ingredient and a spread. However, not all butter is created equal, and there are significant differences between processed and artisanal butter.
Butter is also commonly spread on bread, toast, and crackers. It can be flavoured with herbs and spices or combined with other ingredients like honey or jam to make a sweet and savoury spread. In some cultures, butter is used as a condiment for meat dishes such as steak or grilled chicken.
What is processed butter?
Processed butter is a type of butter made from mechanically separated milk cream. The cream is typically pasteurised, homogenised, and churned to make butter. During this process, many natural flavours and nutrients are lost, and the butter is infused with preservatives to extend its shelf life. Processed butter is widely available in supermarkets and often costs less than artisanal butter.
Why should you avoid using processed butter?
While processed butter is convenient and inexpensive, it may provide different nutritional benefits, quality, or taste than artisanal butter made using traditional methods. If you are concerned about your health, animal welfare, or the environment, switching to artisanal butter or other healthier alternatives may be worthwhile. Some people stop using it for a variety of reasons, including:
- Fewer Nutrients: Many natural nutrients, such as vitamins and minerals, are lost during butter processing. This means processed butter may not be as nutritious as artisanal butter made using traditional methods.
- Preservatives: To extend their shelf life, many processed butters contain preservatives, which can harm our health. Preservatives have been linked to various health problems, including allergies, asthma, and cancer.
- Quality and flavour: Processed butter may lack the rich, creamy taste and texture of artisanal butter. This is because many natural flavours are lost during processing, and preservatives and other additives may change the taste and texture.
What is artisanal butter?
Artisanal butter is a type of butter that is made using traditional methods and high-quality ingredients. It is richer and more flavourful than processed butter. Because of the high quality of the ingredients, artisanal butter is considered a premium product that is often more expensive than mass-produced butter.
Benefits of switching to Highland Farms' artisanal butter
Highland Farms' artisanal butter is a high-quality product with prepared with meticulous care and attention to detail. It is healthier, more flavourful, and authentic than mass-produced processed butter, making it an excellent choice for anyone looking for the best butter available. There are several reasons why you should use Highland Farms' artisanal butter. Here are a few examples:
- Preservative-free: Highland Farms artisanal butter contains no preservatives, artificial flavours, or other additives commonly found in mass-produced butter. This means you'll be able to enjoy a pure and natural product that's better for you and your family.
- Authentic: Highland Farms' artisanal butter is made using traditional methods passed down through generations. This means you'll be able to enjoy a product that is authentic to its origins, with a rich and complex flavour that you won't find in mass-produced butter.
- Free-Range cows: The cows that produce the milk used in Highland Farms' artisanal butter are raised on natural grass or pasture, giving the milk a richer flavour and higher nutritional value. The cows are free to graze and roam, healthier and more humane than confinement in a feedlot.
- Artisanal Products: Highland Farms offers a variety of artisanal butter products, such as salted and flavoured butter like garlic and herb, traditional, and piri-piri butter. These products are made in small batches to ensure the highest quality in each pack.
- Traditional Bilona Method: Highland Farms makes butter using the traditional Bilona method, which involves churning the butter from curdled milk and separating the butterfat. This method is time-consuming and labour-intensive but yields rich, creamy, and flavourful butter.
What distinguishes Highland Farms Artisanal Butter as unique and rich?
Highland Farms Artisanal Butter is a premium product distinguished by its traditional manufacturing methods, high-quality ingredients, and artisanal manufacturing. It is an excellent choice for anyone looking for the best butter with a rich and complex flavour profile.
Highland Farms Artisanal Butter is a premium product identified by its traditional production methods, high-quality ingredients, and distinctive flavours. By selecting this artisanal butter, you can enjoy a pure and natural product that is healthier, more flavourful, and more authentic than mass-produced butter. Whether you are a health-conscious consumer or simply someone who enjoys delicious butter, we invite you to try Highland Farms Artisanal Butter and taste the difference.
Order now and enjoy the creamy, buttery artisnal cheese goodness.